No visit to the Florida Gulf Coast is complete without taking some photos at the beach. Plumlee Gulf Beach Realty has compiled a list of captivating beach photo ideas and essential tips to capture better beach pictures during your Florida getaway. Whether you are looking to take better family photos or just want to know how to capture a perfect sunset, you’ve come to the right place!
6 Indian Rocks Beach Photo Ideas
Many of our Indian Shores and Indian Rocks Beach vacation rentals are located on the Gulf Front or near the beach. Find the perfect beach rental for your group walk to the beach from your rental property and start capturing vacation memories.
1. Take photos during the golden hour, the first hour after sunrise, and the last hour before sunset. This is the best time to photograph subjects with natural light!
2. The beach offers a fantastic backdrop for portrait photography! Whether traveling for a family vacation or a romantic getaway, we encourage you to take photos together.
3. Take photos of the reflections of wet sand and tidal pools to capture interesting mirror-like images
4. Utilize props like beach chairs, umbrellas, towels, and sunglasses to create exciting compositions in your photos
5. Write a message in the sand and incorporate it into your photos
6. Take close-ups at the beach, such as seashells, footprints, sand texture, and more!
How to Take Better Beach Photos in Florida
Taking photos at the beach can be challenging, but there are several ways to make your photos shine, such as:
-Take photos during golden hour and avoid the light of midday
-Compose your photos using the rule of thirds, placing your subject in the left or right third of an image.
-Adjust your shutter speed according to what you are shooting. A slower shutter speed creates motion blur, while a faster shutter speed freezes motion. Other exposure elements include aperture and ISO.
-Use a tripod to keep your camera steady and avoid blurry photos
-Choose a focal point for your photo. Instead of just pointing and shooting at the water, choosing a focal point draws the viewer’s attention and creates a more interesting photo.
-Use a polarizing filter to help reduce glare and reflections from the water and sand.
-If you are photographing people, choosing the right background, wardrobe, time of day, and poses is essential.
Book Your Florida Gulf Coast Getaway Today
Plan your Florida getaway and use some of our beach photo ideas and tips to take better photos during your next vacation! Plumlee Gulf Beach Realty offers the perfect Florida Gulf Coast vacation rentals for your group, from cozy beach cottages to high-rise luxury condos. Bring your beach photo visions to life and create lasting memories with Plumlee!
Book your Florida Gulf Coast getaway today and call our reservationist at 866-921-1166 for personal assistance!