Are you considering an Indian Shores, Florida beach vacation but don’t know much about the area? Then this is for you! We’ve rounded up some quick facts and local information to help you get to know Indian Shores better. Beyond the white sugar sand beaches and gorgeous Gulf of Mexico sunsets, there are plenty of reasons to love this little piece of paradise that offers the peace and tranquility of a small town beach plus the proximity to larger beach cities like Clearwater and Tampa. Read over these fast facts, explore more about Indian Shores in our previous blog posts, and then check out the vacation rentals and amenities. Your Florida Gulf beach vacation is only a few clicks away!
FAST FACTS ABOUT INDIAN SHORES, FL
Visit the Town of Indian Shores, Florida website for more facts and information about visiting, vacationing and living here on the central west coast of Florida and right on the Gulf of Mexico.
Indian Shores is a town in Pinellas County, Florida, United States. The town is a beachfront community situated on a barrier island west of Seminole and bordered by the beach communities of Indian Rocks Beach to the north and Redington Shores to the south.
- The town has a total area of 0.9 square miles, of which 0.3 square miles is land and 0.6 square miles is water.
- The name of the town was first called Indian Rocks Beach South Shore until July 24, 1973 when it was changed to Indian Shores.
- Indian Rocks Beach South Shore is one of the oldest and smallest beach communities and had the longest name. It was originally an Indian campsite and got its name from the large red rocks found along the shoreline.
- Today, Indian Shores is a thriving beach community with over 1,800 permanent residences, and 2,600 domiciles. During the winter months, the population swells to over 6,000 people at any given time.
- Indian Shores has a beach access with paid parking, $1.00 per hour, located at 19600 Gulf Blvd. From Town Hall go North on Gulf Blvd. 3 blocks. You will see Tiki Gardens Park parking area with restrooms on the right. The beach access with showers is across the street.
READ MORE ABOUT INDIAN SHORES
INDIAN SHORES BEACH CONDO RENTALS
Enjoy the warm sandy beaches of Indian Shores, Florida comprising about 2.65 miles of beaches on the western shores of Florida overlooking the Gulf of Mexico where you’ll find a variety of shops and restaurants and is within 30 minutes of Clearwater and Tampa.
Indian Shores condo rentals range from one to three bedrooms, sleeping up to eight and are either Gulf front or with a view of the Intracoastal Waterway. Take a look at the rentals, the amenities, the location, and then book the perfect place for you and your family. Let us know if we can help!
HAVE YOU VACATIONED IN INDIAN SHORES, FLORIDA?
We want to know! Drop it in the comment section below.