5 Things You Should Know About Golf on the Gulf Coast
Posted On Monday, August 1, 2016
There is so much to know and love about golf on the Gulf Coast of Florida, it should really be called the Golf Coast! With ideal weather conditions, meticulously manicured courses, and unending options for every golf lover of every skill level, you're sure to have some amazing adventures from tee to green.
Ready to tee it up during your Florida Gulf Coast vacation? Here's what you need to know.
1. There is so much golfing to be had in the Clearwater, Tampa and St. Pete areas of Florida.There are literally hundreds of golf courses in the Tampa Bay area alone! You won't run out of options, that you can be certain. Fill your days teeing it up and sinking the putts on the greens of your favorite Tampa Bay golf courses. Check out this map of golf courses in and around Tampa, Florida along with the top-rated among them.
2. The Florida Gulf Coast climate allows for year-round playability.You can hit the links January through December on Florida's golf courses. With year-round playability, you can leave your snowy winter home and come to the Gulf Coast to keep your golf game up to par. Late winter and early spring are some of the most beautiful times of the year for golfing in Florida with mild, temperate conditions to enhance your golf experience on the Gulf Coast. But you really can't go wrong any time of year. Summertime golf in Florida offers some great value for your golfing dollars. Ready to start planning your next golf vacation on the Gulf Coast?
3. Gorgeous courses abound in our Gulf Coast of Florida cities and towns.The stunning Florida scenery does not disappoint nor does the pristine maintenance of the golf courses in the Tampa Bay area. With attention to detail, each course offers its own unique landscape and character, but they all have coastal charm reflective of the Sunshine State. Florida is home to the PGA Tour, Champions Tour, LPGA, PGA of America, World Golf Hall of Fame and more professional golfers than any other state, so you can expect the best golf conditions and most well-maintained courses by the best in the field.
4. The Gulf Coast of Florida could be renamed America's golf capital.Florida really is a true golfer's paradise. With so many golf courses, easy access via numerous Florida airports, ideal weather conditions, the perfect mix of public and semi-private courses, and golf courses suited for varying skill levels, Florida could easily be named America's golf capital. You could visit Florida year after year and never play the same course twice! That's saying something.
5. Here's where the professional golfers go when in Florida.If you follow the golfing tournaments, you know that every spring brings the PGA Tour's Valspar Championship to Florida's Gulf Coast. The Copperhead Course at Innisbrook is the place to be if you want to see the pros tee it up in person and compete for the top prize.
Are you inspired to start planning your next golf outing on the Gulf Coast of Florida? Great! The hardest part is deciding where to go. Gather up your golf buddies and start mapping your course of play. See you on the links!
Where's your favorite place to play a round of golf in the Tampa Bay, Clearwater and St. Pete area of Florida?