Top 10 Spring Events in Indian Rocks Beach Plus More on Florida's Gulf Coast
Posted On Monday, March 14, 2016
Spring at the beach in Indian Rocks Beach has a lot going on, as does the surrounding Gulf Coast region of Florida. Of course there is plenty of sunshine, white sand, and warm Gulf of Mexico waters to keep you entertained for hours on end, but there's more! Get out your calendars and mark down these spring events, festivals and things you want to do and plan on being here. You'll love all of the family-friendly events found in Indian Rocks Beach and beyond.
Here's what's happening locally. Tell your family, tell your friends!
Top 10 Spring Events in Indian Rocks Beach Florida
1. Spring BreakNow: It's that time of year where the kids may have a break from school or maybe you're looking for a Gulf beach getaway over the spring holidays. No matter the reason, any time off is the perfect time to go to the beach! Read more about why Indian Rocks Beach is the ideal family spring break destination and start your spring break planning.
2. The Great American Clean Up at Pinellas County ParkSaturday, March 19, 2016: Lend a hand to help keep Indian Rocks Beach beautiful! The Great American Clean Up happens from 8a.m. to noon. Your support helps to raise awareness in the community and helps to remove harmful debris from entering in to our waterways where it has the potential to harm our wildlife. Do your good deed for the day and join us. You can sign up for the Pinellas County Great American Clean Up right here.
3. Easter Egg Hunt at the IRB Nature PreserveSaturday, March 29, 2016: The Indian Rocks Beach Nature Preserve is where every bunny wants to be for the annual IRB Easter Egg Hunt. Hop on over and join us at 10a.m. for the family-friendly festivities. All children 10 years and younger are invited to participate in the games, arts and crafts. There's a clown and, of course, the guest of honor himself—the Easter Bunny. Don't forget, this event is BYOB (bring your own basket)!
4. Spring into Arts Festival at Kolb ParkSaturday, April 2, 2016: From 9a.m. to 4p.m., the Beach Art Center hosts the Spring into Arts Festival at Kolb Park. Spend the day outdoors at this local arts festival that showcases visual artists working in a variety of fine arts and crafts media, including painting, drawing, photography, sculpture, jewelry, ceramics and so much more. Add in some live music, delicious food and cold drinks, and you have festival fun for everyone. Check out the Chalk Walk and the plein-air painters!
5. Guppy's Gulfside Gallop 5K Run & 1-Mile Fun Walk/RunSaturday, April 2, 2016: Starting at 6:30p.m. is the annual Guppy's Gulfside Gallop at the Indian Rocks Beach Community Park. Stick around for the after-party on the beach with music, food vendors, beer and wine available for sale with proceeds benefiting the Indian Rocks Beach Homeowners Association civic and charitable projects. Great event for a great cause!
6. IRB GreenfestSaturday, April 9, 2016: Reduce your carbon footprint and have a blast while doing so! The 9th Annual IRB Greenfest is held this year from 10a.m. to 5p.m. at 24th Avenue and 1st Street. This is an eco-friendly festival focused on teaching everyone how to be kinder and gentler to the earth. Indulge in food, beer, wine and live music too. For the younger crowd, there's a large kids area that includes dancing, arts, crafts and a playground. Fun and learning abounds for all ages.
7. Citywide Garage SaleSaturday, April 16 and Sunday, April 17, 2016: This weekend hosts the spring Citywide Garage Sale in Indian Rocks Beach, held bi-annually. Come and see what you can find. There are plenty of coastal treasures to be found!
8. IRB Beach FestSaturday, April 30, 2016: The beach day kicks off at 11a.m. and continues until 9p.m. with the IRB Beach Fest. Gather up your favorite people and enjoy the sun, sand and surf in true Gulf Coast style. The County Park at 1700 Gulf Boulevard (across from Guppy's) is the place to be. Eat and drink the day away as you listen to live bands, sink your toes in the sand, and watch the sunset over the gorgeous Gulf of Mexico. There's free admission, but bring some spending money for some of the best food and drinks from our favorite area restaurants. Sorry, no coolers or dogs are allowed. The best part is that proceeds go right back into the IRB community. Good times for a good cause!
9. Hands Across the SandSaturday, May 21, 2016: Join hands and draw a literal and figurative line in the sand against off-shore drilling. Hands Across the Sand in Indian Rocks Beach unites the community for the benefit of our beautiful Gulf Coast. Visitors, vacationers, residents—everyone is welcome. The line in the sand gets longer every year. Don't miss it!
10. Memorial Day HolidayMonday, May 30, 2016: The symbolic start of summer kicks off on Memorial Day, but the summer spirit is alive and well all year long on Florida's Gulf Coast. Come spend the Memorial Day holiday or any day with us and get your beach fix on the gorgeous Gulf of Mexico. Check out these Plumlee Gulf Beach Realty featured vacation rentals and start planning for your trip.
Plus More Spring Events & Things To Do on Florida's Gulf CoastJust when you thought your calendar was overflowing with events, there's more! Check out some of our favorite things to do this spring outside of Indian Rocks Beach but close enough to enjoy.
Spring Training for Major League BaseballThrough March: Springtime means baseball for a lot of sport fans. Florida's Gulf Coast is home to spring training for the Philadelphia Phillies at Bright House Field in Clearwater, Toronto Blue Jays at the Florida Auto Exchange Stadium in Dunedin, and nearby you can also find the Yankees, Pirates, Orioles and Tigers. Games run through the end of March, so get your tickets now.
Sunset Cinema at Pier 60 in ClearwaterThrough the summer season: What could be better than a free movie under the stars and on the beach? Not much! The Sunset Cinema at Pier 60 on Clearwater Beach is now playing some of the best-loved films perfect for a family night out, date night, or a get-together with friends. Don't forget your blanket or beach chair, then sit back at enjoy the show. Movies start at dusk and concessions are available for purchase. Click here for the Sunset Cinema movie schedule.
Busch Gardens Food & Wine Festival in TampaSaturdays and Sundays March 5 through April 24, 2016: Busch Gardens Tampa plays host to an annual Food & Wine Festival that's sure to be a palate pleaser. The newest culinary delights this year include lobster ravioli, duck tacos, truffle fries and almond coconut truffles along with over 120 wines, craft beers, and signature cocktails from the world over. Peruse the headline concert performances and get your Busch Gardens Wine & Food Festival tickets here.
Spring Break Waterfront Festival on Madeira BeachThursday, March 17 through Sunday, March 20, 2016: Four days of fun and sun are what you'll find at the Spring Break Waterfront Festival at Madeira Beach. Free admission gives you access to carnival rides, games, food, live music and so much more. Check out the Battle of the Bands as they perform live. All of this and a stunning view, too.
Pier 60 Sugar Sand Festival in ClearwaterFriday, April 15 through Sunday, April 24, 2016: The ten-day festival celebrates two of our favorite things here on the Gulf Coast of Florida: sugar sands and spectacular sunsets. There's a little something for everyone of every age at the Pier 60 Sugar Sand Festival with a children's play area, street performers, artisans and crafters, live entertainment, fireworks, sand-sculpting demonstrations, the Sugar Sand Walk Exhibit and more. It's sandtastic!
There's the spring lineup of big events in Indian Rocks Beach and the surrounding Gulf Coast area. We hope to see you at a few!
What's your favorite springtime event, festival or thing to do on Florida's Gulf Coast?