5 February Events You'll Love on Florida's Gulf Coast
Posted On Monday, February 01, 2016
February is a big month when it comes to big events on Florida's Gulf Coast. Get out your calendars and mark off the dates for some of our favorite local festivals, then start making your plans to join us on our sunny shores. You're going to love Florida in February!
1. Florida State Fair in TampaIt's the first state fair of the year, and in our opinion—the best! The Florida State Fair is always in Tampa (at the fairgrounds) and always in February. This year the fair runs from February 4-16, so mark your calendars. This family-friendly fair draws upwards of 500,000 visitors over the 12-day event. It's kind of a big deal here!
In true fair style, you can expect that bragging rights are still won for the prized bull, best pie and most beautiful quilt. Add in some thrilling Midway rides, headline entertainment, and exhibits galore, along with the latest and greatest fair food—and you'll see why we love, love, love this event. Stay tuned for more on the Florida State Fair in next week's Plumlee Realty blog post!
2. Winterfest on the Rocks in Indian Rocks BeachCelebrate the season in Indian Rocks Beach with Winterfest on the Rocks held at Calvary Episcopal Church. This annual community event is in its 11th year with the 2016 Winterfest being held on Saturday, February 6 from 10a.m. to 4p.m. Bring your family and friends out for a day of fun activities including children's parades, pet parades, arts and craft vendors, as well as food and drink vendors.
Proceeds benefit the church's community food pantry. A new addition to this year's Winterfest on the Rocks is a raffle for a $1500 paddleboard. Get your tickets now and good luck!
3. Valentine's Day on Florida's Gulf CoastWhether you celebrate this special day with the one you love the most out on the town or in a more intimate setting, you have plenty of options here on the Gulf Coast of Florida. Here are some of the best ways to do it.
Enjoy a special night of romance on the water with a Valentine's Day Cruise departing from Clearwater or Tampa. Book a table for two at Villa Gallace Italian Restaurant in Indian Rocks Beach and indulge in their special Valentine's Day dinner menu offering some fabulous fine dining fare. If casual is more your style and you and your sweetie are looking for a more laid-back vibe, Slyce Pizza Bar in Indian Rocks Beach is offering some perfectly delicious and totally satisfying pizza specials for Valentine's Day.
Perhaps you're planning a romantic night in and making the most of your gulf beach vacation rental kitchen by whipping up a fabulous meal, popping a bottle of bubbly, and finishing the night with a moonlit stroll on the sand. Good idea!
Many of the local restaurants, bars and area hot spots are planning something special for the big day, so be sure to see what your favorite place has planned.
4. Sea-Blues Festival in ClearwaterThe kick-off event for the Clearwater Sea-Blues Festival is the Blues Walk slated for Friday, February 19. The Blues Walk is a Clearwater restaurant crawl where area eateries offer Sea-Blues themed dinner and drink specials all night. With each business you walk into, you get a chance to win great prizes, so head downtown (Cleveland St. between Osceola and East) to kick-off your Sea-Blues weekend right. Of course, there is blues music for your listening pleasure. See what Cleveland Street has to offer!
The Clearwater Sea-Blues Festival itself runs throughout the weekend of February 20-21 at Coachman Park. This is the place to be for the freshest seafood combined with the coolest blues. Admission is free unless you're going VIP, and the performance lineup never disappoints.
5. Strawberry Festival in Plant CityOkay, technically this event starts March 3 but we start looking forward to it in February, so that counts, right? Plant City hosts the annually loved and widely popular Florida Strawberry Festival. They hold strawberries in high regard, like royalty, so you'll understand why this year's theme is "Royal Fun for Everyone".
The 11-day event runs March 3-13 and celebrates the strawberry harvest in all its glory. The Strawberry Festival also features headline entertainment, livestock shows, commerce exhibits and lots and lots of strawberry shortcake. That in itself is worth the trip!
Stay tuned for an upcoming blog post on 11 ways to save on admission to the Florida Strawberry Festival. Who doesn't love a discount?
February is going to be a very busy month on our Gulf Coast beaches and in our towns. We love every minute of it and know you will too. Hope to see you!
Which Florida events and festivals are you planning to attend during the month of February?