Summer is in the air. Have you made your made beach vacation plans yet? Indian Rocks Beach and Indian Shores offer peaceful tranquility on the shores of the Gulf of Mexico. Enjoy sparkling crystalline waters, warm white sandy beaches and a family-friendly atmosphere. There are beach houses, beach condos and many other accommodation options nicely appointed with the amenities you and your family desire during your vacation here.
Once you’ve booked your Gulf beach vacation rental, you may be wondering what else there is to do in the area. That’s another benefit of staying locally on Indian Rocks Beach and Indian Shores. The location is not only beautiful but also close and convenient to many of the Tampa Bay area and surrounding Gulf Coast attractions, events and things-to-do.
Here are some of our favorite things-to-do while vacationing in Indian Rocks Beach and Indian Shores:
- Go parasailing. Are you up for a new adventure? Why not try parasailing over the Gulf waters and take in the stunning panoramic views. Eagle Parasail and Gators Parasail are located in Madeira Beach and are great options for your parasailing adventure. It’s one of the top-rated activities here, so check it out!
- Visit a museum. Whether you prefer art or local history, there’s plenty to explore in the local museums. The Indian Rocks Historical Museum reopens this month after months of expansion and renovation. A grand reopening celebration is scheduled for June 29. Enjoy learning about the historical highlights of Indian Rocks Beach and the surrounding area. Pinellas County Heritage Village in Largo is a 21-acre living history museum with a lot of hands-on fun. With over 28 historic buildings, shops, and special events, there is always plenty to see and do here. The Indian Rocks Beach Art Center features the works of local artists as well as local and regional groups. There are special events held here, too. It’s worth a visit!
- Spend the day at Busch Gardens Tampa. Who doesn’t like a good amusement park? Busch Gardens provides the ultimate in family adventure in the Tampa Bay area. You’ll find amazing attractions, thrilling rides, a large zoo featuring over 2,000 animals, delicious restaurants, live shows, shops, games and so much more. There’s something for everyone of all ages here. Don’t forget that Madagascar Live! debuts this year.
- Go on a high seas adventure. Take a chartered fishing trip, embark on a dolphin watch or go snorkeling and shelling. There are plenty of opportunities to get out on the water and explore the beauty of the Gulf of Mexico. Captain Bill Fehl Fishing Charters, Inc, Go Fast Fishing Charters, and Adventure Cruises can get you started on your adventures.
- Try your luck on a casino cruise ship. St. John’s Pass in Madeira Beach offers excursions through Trade Winds Cruise Lines. You can find all of their special offers and current information on the Trade Winds Cruise Lines Facebook page.
- Visit the Clearwater Marine Aquarium and meet Winter from A Dolphin Tale. The kids will love this aquatic-centered adventure and you will, too. Make the Clearwater Marine Aquarium a stop on your vacation itinerary!
These are only a sampling of things-to-do while vacationing in Indian Rocks Beach and Indian Shores. There’s so much more, so we hope you’ll find out for yourself.
What are you favorite Gulf Coast vacation adventures and activities? We’d love to hear how you spend your time while vacationing here! We look forward to seeing you this summer!